My last and final project around the mele a2000: a bit perfect player with mpd and display.
Arm powered (Allwinner A10).
Updated with a linear and regulated power supply.
quick and dirty !
- Ultra low power – switches to 60MHz on standby and 1Ghz on playback
- External 12V Fortron PSU + Internal Audiophonics PSUS2 (for the mele only)
- Automatic power on of the display via the ph20 of the mele + optocoupler Letex LA213 + 12V relay
- Remote control with lirc, able to mechanize mpd via mpc
- Bit perfect playback to my Micromega MyDac
- Connected to my NAS via CIFS (seemless network reconnection)
- Display the media quality, load, track informations via Conky and flap to the album picture every 30 seconds
- On the front, power button of the mele, led connected to the mele ph10 (blinking slowly on standby), IR receiver
It runs ubuntu on nand with Xorg + conky.
The display turns off after 120 seconds of mpd inactivity.
The remote (lirc) manages play/stop/forward/volume etc…
The display used is connected to the composite video output and cost … bought at $18 on ebay.
The new linear power costs $30.
Total pure audiophile player cost ~ $160 ($40 of casing).
The rest of my setup:
- Micromega MyDac
- PreAmp: nuForce P8S
- Crossover: dbTechnologies ASX 18 (with new Muse caps)
- 2 x Klein Hummel O300d
- 2 x RCF ayra 10 sub
- Cables: rca from sommercable/choseal, usb from lyndi, xlr from viablue NF-S1 + yarbo
Previous with the dirty psu (for the record):