ESC/UBEC or dual ubec redundancy
2 Diodes schottky 5A.
Taranis X9E – Using G-RX8 + R9 MM/Mini redundancy
Taranis X9e pinout:
- ANT → S.port input (can also be used to update a RX or a S.port sensor)
- GND → GND
- BAT → Connected to the internal NiMh battery (be careful with the max voltage when using a 3S LiPo)
- +6V → Heartbeat: it is in fact an UART input port which can be used for a wireless buddy box (you need to plug a CPPM or S.bus signal coming from a RX bind with the student radio).
- PPM → PPM output used for any external RF module.
To upgrade the firmware of a receiver:
- Connect the 3 first pins to the same pins of the receiver (SPort – Bat [+] – GND)
- Taranis: Connect USB, upload your firmware file to the sdcard, Go to radio setup menu, Page SDCard, file, flash external device
Long and detailed:
G-RX8: Digital servo -> switch to HighSpeed mode (HS)
Connect CH5 and CH6 signal pins with the included jumper before Binding, the receiver will enter HS mode.The receiver will enter into FS mode without the jumper connected.
Redundancy: 2.4GHz with telemetry (Master) – r9 MM/Mini as backup (slave)
- Bind each module 2.4/800 with the taranis TX modules (internal, r9)
- Connect G-RX8 S.BUS-In to R9 MM/Mini S.Bus-Out.